BSIG and Tele-Emergent Care.
We’re bringing convenience, compassion and real clinical care to get injured employees back-to-work more quickly.
We understand the importance of responding quickly when an employee is injured on the job, whether the event requires emergency or non-emergency treatment.
We have partnered with MedCall Healthcare Advisors, LLC. to provide (on a voluntary basis) the injured employees of our Workers’ Compensation policyholders, immediate access to board-certified emergency room physicians, through the simple touch of a button on a smart phone, or a phone call.
MedCall has a unique platform that will allow our policyholders and their employees to immediately report workplace accidents and injuries via a ‘smart phone app’, or through a toll-free number. Injured workers will be able to immediately speak with an ER Physician with no waiting, appointment or call back, to insure that employees receive the best and most appropriate medical care.
Benefits of BSIG’s Tele-Emergent Care Program:
- MedCall Healthcare Advisors, LLC. is the nation’s largest emergency medical practice in the US, and is staffed with highly trained Physicians who are Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
- Global 24/7/365 access via smart phone to Physicians, within 5 minutes, who can evaluate, advise and refer the injured worker when necessary.
- Eliminates avoidable ER and Urgent Care visits
- Employees can remain on the job site while having access to emergency medical treatment, and allows the employee to return to work more quickly.
- Skilled Physicians make medical decisions that are in the best interest of the injured worker.
- Medical professionals at MedCall’s call center document the ‘event’ in real time, so that our policyholders do not have to do it. This report then immediately goes to our Claims department professionals for handling.
- Free Physician follow up for injured employee for up to 7 days.
- Assistance in early return to work when available, helps to improve overall workplace morale.
- Bi-lingual services available.
Of 6.5 million ER visits, 66% were classified as avoidable!*
*According to a Truven study. Source: United Healthcare Opinion Research
With Tele-Emergent care, we are bringing another unique service to our policyholders that supports our ‘Back-in-Business’ claims strategy.