No one plans to have a disaster…..but everyone should have a disaster plan.
At BSIG we provide tools to assist you in preparing a plan to help you recover when a disaster does occur.
Without a business continuity plan, one in four businesses forced to shut down due to a disaster- never reopens.
Small businesses are particularly vulnerable, because they may have all of their operations concentrated in one location that is damaged or destroyed.
Berkley Southeast Insurance Group is a member of The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS), an independent, nonprofit, scientific research and communications organization, supported solely by property insurers and reinsurers. IBHS offers a variety of resources to assist with the continuity planning process.
Need Help with Developing a Business Continuity Plan?
Visit the IBHS Website to download a free copy of OFB-EZ® (Open for Business-EZ). This continuity toolkit is designed to be simple to use, administer and implement. It will assist you in: identifying essential business activities necessary to continue operations; dealing with risks your organization faces; and creating a tailored recovery plan for your business.
Additional Resource Materials
- National Hurricane Center
- Federal Emergency Management Association
- Protecting Your Business From Wildfire
- Business Continuity: What’s in Your Disaster Recovery Toolbox?
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning
- How To Reduce Hail Damage
- How To Select a Commercial Roof Contractor
- Preventing Electrical Fires
- Mobile Technology as Part of the Continuity Plan
- Knowing Your Business Risks
- Fire Sprinkler Maintenance