Reports to: Casualty Claim Manager
Location: Berkley Southeast Insurance Group Headquarters in Lawrenceville, GA
The Sr. Claim Representative position is responsible for the quality handling and resolution of non-litigated claims in a timely and professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. This position routinely handles claims involving coverage issues, significant injuries, construction defect claims, contractual liability issues, and other claims that require specialized handling.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Appropriately manage claims through coverage analysis, investigation, damages evaluation, reserving and resolution on non-litigated casualty claims.
- Establish timely and accurate claim and expense reserves.
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits.
- Participate in regional round table meetings as needed.
- Write Reservation of Rights and Coverage Denial letters and other complex correspondence.
- Maintain an effective dairy system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Manage file inventory to ensure timely resolution of cases.
- Handle files in compliance with state regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all other internal and external customers.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and affiliated companies on assigned claim issues.
- Monitor legislative changes related to the casualty lines of business within each state.
- Coordinate and execute periodic file and reserve reviews in each claim region. Work with Claim Managers and Directors to develop and implement action plans to address areas of concern.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree with concentration in law, public administration, business or insurance or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in casualty claim handling
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of tort and contract law and experience in auditing/reviewing casualty claim files
Applying for a Position
To apply for any current openings, please send your résumé and a cover letter that identifies the job and location. Your cover letter also should explain why you are interested in the position and tell us anything not in your résumé that will help us better understand your qualifications.
Berkley Southeast Insurance Group Human Resources